Dr. James Kirk grew up in Sudbury and received a B.A. degree from the University of Vermont. He did post-graduate work at Harvard University and the University of Massachusetts in Boston in preparation for dental school. He graduated from Tufts School of Dental Medicine in 2006 and then completed a residency at the University of Connecticut Advanced Education in General Dentistry. Earlier in his career he worked with Contour Dental Laboratory in Kenmore Square. He participated in an externship program sponsored by Tufts Dental School in Holyoke, Massachusetts, and he volunteered at the Holyoke Health Center. Dr. Jim also volunteered at the Hampden County Correctional Center performing dental procedures.
At his graduation from Tufts, Dr. Jim was honored with the Senior Dental Endowed Prize for Exceptional Chairside Manner. He is a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry, has volunteered for the Yankee Dental Congress and has been recognized in Boston Globe competitions for his artistic abilities.
Dr. Jim lives in Stow, Massachusetts with his wife and two children.
- University of Vermont, 1996
- Tufts School of Dental Medicine, DMD 2006
- University of Connecticut Advanced Education in General Dentistry, Graduate certificate 2007
- Fellow Academy of General Dentistry 2016
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry